Tuesday, June 12, 2012


Gone
Woke up this morning and noticed she was gone.
I could still see her impressions in the blue wrinkled sheets.
She left me so discretely and delicately and I wander,
Where did I go so wrong?
She never told me what was on her mind,
I lied there and tried to rewind the memories.
I was so kind, I was so cold, I was never on time.
Yet somehow I made myself believe everything was fine.
Maybe there was something she saw in these blue eyes.
There was the truth under the lies,
Somehow that doesn’t seem so much like a surprise.
And then I started to realize… yet somehow I thought this was love.
Although I thought I was the one she needed when she cries.
Maybe tomorrow she will return before my heart completely burns.
Oh, how I yearn for another turn.
Never thought it was too late to learn and I thought she was concerned.
How could she walk away when I needed her the most?
Was it because I couldn’t look at her when I wanted to cry and hold her close?
She could of told me something but I was just silent like an old ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment