Tuesday, June 12, 2012


Self-will riot
familiar places and familiar faces
somehow I've become paranoid of the two
if I could face them like a roaring lion
I'd be able to reach the Acme on Kilimanjaro’s laden stretch
yet, part of me refuses to push ahead
and the rest of me is satisfied with being alone
this too shall pass, said one of the familiar faces
my confidence was instantly rebuilt and I was off to the races
back again in those familiar faces chasing my nightmares again
yet, he was my choice to fold up again until Possum
only pretending to be dead because I never had the balls
to carry the off, by myself, yet so still.  I only pretended
crying out to heaven for the Angel to please come out and save me
yet, I was still standing upon the pile of the defeated
it even smelled like defeat, but somehow I grew a little stronger
maybe because it didn't kill me and pissed off that it didn't make me feel the way it had done when I was still young
so why was I still choosing to face the roaring lion?
A bad habit, so hard to break was all I could think of
why did I feel used up and thrown away?
Like the self will run riot, I still remain quiet
because I was still hurting and bleeding and I was still feeding
the bad Wolf and he was crouched and ready to devour the rest of me
am I ready to be eaten? Or will I surrender the war against myself?
And end that self will run riot

No comments:

Post a Comment